Regenerative treatments support the body’s own natural healing processes using leading edge technologies to stimulate cells to regenerate, restore and repair themselves. This approach is at the forefront of what is possible in medicine in the 21st century and uses the latest understanding in stem cell research, tissue engineering and regenerative medicine.
What are regenerative treatments?
According to the UK Medical Research Council, regenerative medicine has the potential to revolutionise medical treatment. Unlike many approaches which focus on managing diseases or controlling symptoms, regenerative treatments support the body to repair itself and restore its natural state of wellbeing. As science progresses, the capabilities will only increase, and regenerative treatments will become increasingly effective at transforming human health
We currently offer regenerative treatments for many different parts of the body, and women’s health:
Private regenerative treatments at Harley Street Specialist Hospital
Harley Street Specialist Hospital offer the latest regenerative treatments from our base off Harley Street in London, using the very latest technologies. Our consultants specialise in:
AMPP® stands for Activated Mesenchymal Pericyte Plasma injections. AMPP® harnesses the body’s natural ability to repair damage using cells and factors extracted from adipose fat tissue and blood. It is used to treat pain and repair damage associated with arthritis and other forms of joint degeneration, as well as injuries and soft tissue damage.This innovative procedure combines the more familiar Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy, which extracts and reinjects the platelet-rich part of blood into a patient’s body, and lipogems which harnesses the reparative capability of adipose tissue. An AMPP® treatment is in four stages:
- Harvesting fat from your body while you are sedated. This involves two small incisions and a water-assisted suction tool to remove a small amount of fat.
- Withdrawing blood from your arm in the same way as a blood test. The blood sample is then placed into a centrifuge machine.
- Processing to remove regenerative cells from the fat tissue and plasma from the blood sample.
- Once the AMPP® injection has been prepared it is administered using ultrasound to ensure precision accuracy.
PRP therapy uses the natural healing properties of platelets to repair damaged cartilage, bone and soft tissues (muscles, ligaments and tendons). It is used to treat a wide range of conditions including back and neck pain, tendinopathy, tennis/golfer’s elbow, runner’s/jumper’s knee, plantar fasciitis, rotator cuff tears and osteoarthritis. Platelets occur naturally in the blood and this technique involves extracting them from a sample of the patient’s own blood before reinjecting them. The technique is used to reduce pain and improve joint function and is effective for many different parts of the body including the hip, shoulder, knee, back, elbow, foot, fingers, neck and jaw. PRP therapy supports the body’s own self-healing processes, using proteins called growth factors which are found in platelets. PRP injections help to restore injured tissues, promote healing and reduce inflammation.During the treatment a blood sample is taken from a vein in your arm. The sample is then placed into a centrifuge machine and spun to separate out the plasma. The plasma sample, containing a concentration of platelets, is then injected into the damaged part of the body.
BMAC uses regenerative stem cells found in bone marrow to support healing in patients with moderate to severe osteoarthritis as well as tendon injuries. It is used to treat a wide range of conditions including: osteoarthritis, tendinopathy, ligament sprains and tears, iliotibial band syndrome, tennis/golfer’s elbow, piriformis syndrome and jaw stiffness and pain. Bone marrow containing mesenchymal stem cells is processed and injected into the affected area to provide relief from pain and swelling, increased joint function and improved condition of the joint cartilage.The procedure involves extracting bone marrow from the pelvis using a large needle and syringe under local anaesthetic. This is then processed into its separate components, including plasma and stem cells, before being injected into the damaged area. Most patients experience a reduction in pain as well as greater strength and stability within two to six weeks.
Why choose Harley Street Specialist Hospital for private regenerative treatments?
At Harley Street Specialist Hospital, you can expect:
- Our team of expert consultants to offer rapid assessment and the latest treatments in comfortable central London surroundings, as well as video consultations from the comfort of your own home.
- Holistic care where you are an equal partner in the creation of your individualised treatment plan.
- State of the art diagnostic imaging – you don’t need to go elsewhere as we have in house X-ray, ultrasound and image intensifiers.
- Day-case and outpatient investigations and surgical procedures in a modern clinical setting.
- No waiting lists and your treatment can take place at a convenient time for you.
We welcome patients with private medical insurance or those wishing to pay for their own treatment.