At Harley Street Specialist Hospital, we use the latest highly specialised spinal interventions in order to treat both acute and chronic pain in order to help our patients get back to their normal everyday lives. Intractable painful conditions may prevent you from doing the things you want to do and they can impact on your energy levels, your sleep and your overall quality of life. Interventional pain medicine is about the specialist diagnosis and management of painful disorders to rapidly maximise your quality of life.
What is interventional pain medicine?
Highly trained interventional pain medicine consultants will work with you to diagnose and treat your condition such as back pain, sciatica, neck pain and neuropathic pain. They typically take an active interventional approach but do so within a multidisciplinary team that also includes expert physiotherapists, occupational and vocational therapists, dieticians and nutritionists and in some cases psychologists.
Private interventional pain medicine Harley Street Specialist Hospital
Our dedicated and highly experienced team of Harley Street Specialist Hospital consultants have performed literally thousands of specialised minimally invasive spinal procedures to treat spinal disorders and joint pain. With the multidisciplinary pain management team who can provide specialist advice regarding medications, injections and the latest physical and behavioural therapies that can help you to treat your condition. They will help you to understand your pain, exclude any worrying diseases and work with you to get you back on track.
Our specialist consultants can treat patients with:
- Spinal disorders including back and neck pain
- Musculoskeletal and joint pain
- Headache (Botox for migraine and occipital nerve blocks)
- Arm pain
- Neuropathic (nerve) pain
- Acute pain
- Chronic pain
- Cancer pain
Interventions for neck and back pain:
- Cervical and lumbar facet joint/ medial branch injections
- Epidurals / nerve root block (all spinal levels including cervical, thoracic and lumbar levels)
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Spinal Epiduroplasty (Racz Procedure)
- Radiofrequency treatment to medial branch/facet joints/ nerve roots (all spinal levels) or peripheral nerves
Interventions for joint and musculoskeletal conditions:
- Ultrasound-guided interventions including steroid, Ostenil (hyaluronic acid) to all joint areas (shoulder, elbow, hips, knees, ankle, hands)
- Regenerative medicine procedures- PRP injections
- Radiofrequency denervation for refractory joint pain including shoulder, hip and knee
- Trigger point injections including Botox injections
Interventions for abdominal and pelvic pain:
- Coeliac plexus, splanchnic nerve block, hypogastric plexus blocks
Interventions for headache:
- Botox injection for migraine
- Greater occipital nerve (GON), C2, sphenopalatine block, etc
Interventions for specific pain conditions such as CRPS and neuropathic pain including spinal cord stimulation (SCS), neuromodulation and Qutenza patch therapy.
Advanced spinal procedures:
- Neuromodulation (including spinal cord stimulation, peripheral neurostimulation including peripheral electrical nerve stimulation)
- Advanced laser therapy such as percutaneous laser discectomy
- Trigeminal nerve blocks (V2 ultrasound guided) and trigeminal radiofrequency (trigeminal neuralgia)
- Endoscopic facet joint and/or sacroiliac joint rhizotomy (for those who failed percutaneous approaches or for those interested in a more definitive approach)
Why choose Harley Street Specialist Hospital for private pain management treatment?
At Harley Street Specialist Hospital, you can expect:
- Our team of expert Interventional pain medicine consultants and neurosurgeons to offer rapid assessment and the latest treatments in comfortable central London surroundings, as well as video consultations from the comfort of your own home.
- State of the art diagnostic imaging – you don’t need to go elsewhere as we have in house X-ray, ultrasound and image intensifiers.
- Holistic care where you are an equal partner in the creation of your individualised treatment plan.
- All your treatment will be carried out in a modern clinical setting.
- No waiting lists and your care can take place at a convenient time for you.
We welcome patients with private medical insurance or those wishing to pay for their own treatment.